The Intensive English Program (IEP) at Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago is designed to meet the personal, professional, and academic goals of international students. The program consists of the following:
- 4 levels of instruction, from high-beginning to advanced.
- Core skills: Listening/Speaking, Reading/Writing, Grammar.
- Elective courses: Test Prep (GRE Verbal, TOEFL), American Culture, Pronunciation, and various English for Specific Purpose courses such as Architecture, Business, and Engineering.
- 18 total hours of class per week = 21 credit hour equivalents.
- Classes meet daily Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Click here to view example schedule.
- 3 hours of class per week scheduled in a computer lab. Labs may be scheduled before 9am or after 5pm.
- 15 students average in a class.
Students accepted to the IEP will study English, meet new people from different countries and cultures, and will experience Chicago while preparing for their academic and professional careers. Experienced full-time and part-time instructors with graduate degrees assist students in achieving their language goals.
On campus housing is available in the Residence and Greek Life dormitories, but students can choose to live off campus in the third largest city in the United States, Chicago.
Chicago has some of the world's best food, shopping, and museums in addition to its amazing architecture. There are events every weekend, live music and theatre every night, and beautiful parks and gardens. For more information on the thriving city, click here and choose Chicago.
Health Insurance is provided and mandatory for international students. Students can receive health care in the on campus Student Health and Wellness Center.
Students can stay fit by taking advantage of the Keating Sports Center and the various fitness classes offered.
For information on important dates and deadlines, please visit the Program Calendar.
For pricing, view Tuition and Fees.
Click here for information on the Admission Requirements.
Click here to contact us.