Pre-Arrival Checklist For Admitted Students
1. Confirm Attendance
Before confirming your attendance, please click here to check the Program Calendar to ensure you are able to arrive before the orientation date and stay until the end of classes. If you cannot attend the orientation or need to leave before classes end, you will be advised to defer (wait) until the next semester.
- If you are able to attend all of the dates on the Program Calendar, please fill out the Intent to Enroll form in the Application Tracker.
The Application Tracker link is emailed to you once you have submitted a completed application. The Intent to Enroll form is only available when all your required documents have been submitted and your application is complete.
- If you are NOT able to attend and want to defer (wait) until next semester, please fill out the Request to Defer form in the Application Tracker.
2. Apply for Visa
- If you're bringing a spouse or dependent, please download the dependent request form and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay SEVIS Fee - The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has implemented a one-time SEVIS Fee for all F-1 and J-1 visa applicants. Please click here to check Illinois Tech's International Center website for details.
- Contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to schedule a visa appointment. To find the nearest embassy, please click here to refer to www.usembassy.state.gov.
3. Gather Immunization Documents
According to Illinois Tech's policy and Illinois State Law, you must provide proof of immunization. Please click here to view immunization requirements and to download the Immunization Record Form, which needs to be completed and signed by a doctor accompanied with your medical record. If you have questions about immunizations, email email@example.com (include firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance).
4. Sign-on/Access myIIT Account
Please click here to sign on to the myIIT portal (http://my.iit.edu), which allows for single sign-on convenience for announcements and Illinois Tech Hawk email as well as Blackboard Learning System, using the following credentials:
Initial Password: MMDDXXXX
If your name is incorrectly spelled, your username incorrectly spelled, or you have trouble logging into myIIT, please explain by email to email@example.com (include firstname.lastname@example.org for help) with your name, CWID (A#), and current username.
MM is the 2 digit month you were born, DD is the 2 digit date you were born, and XXXX is the last 4 digits of your CWID/A# as listed above. Once you sign in, you will be asked to create a new password and you will be required to create security questions. Please remember your log-on.
5. Check Student Email Daily
Access your Illinois Tech Hawk email by clicking on the Google Apps for Students icon at the top of the screen once logged in to myIIT. All email communication going forward will be through your Illinois Tech Hawk email. It is important that you check your Illinois Tech Hawk email daily (at minimum) for Illinois Tech communication.
6. Make Housing Reservation
Room and board is available on-campus at an extra cost. To reserve a room, you should click here (http://myroom.iit.edu/). You will use your username and password to log in. Please fill out a contract if you would like to live on-campus. If you wish to live off-campus or would like a home-stay, you should make arrangements yourself; Illinois Tech does NOT help find off-campus housing.
7. Make Flight Reservation
Book your flight to Chicago after you visa has been approved. You may fly into O'Hare International Airport (ORD) or Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW). Click here to visit www.flychicago.com for more information about the airport. There is NOT a set arrival time or transportation pick-up.
8. Email Flight Itinerary
Once you have your flight booked, please email your itinerary to email@example.com from your Illinois Tech Hawk email account.
9. Email Immunization Records
Scan and return a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before arriving and bring the original document to turn in to the Student Health and Wellness Center after arriving.
10. Join OUR Social MEdia and Alumni Resources