fOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION STUDENTS HELP WITH THE ifsh aNNUAL MEETING
The staff at the Institute for Food Safety and Health (IFSH) would like to thank the FdSN students who took time off from their busy schedule to help with the setup of the 2016 IFSH Annual Meeting.
Top Row, Left to Right: Chenyu Gao, Xiyang Liu, Xiaoyu Shi, Jian DingBottom Row, Left to Right: Peien Wang, Qi Wang
PAST GRADUATE SEMINAR DAYS WINNERS
The Sixth Annual Graduate Student Seminar Day(s) held on Wednesday, April 22nd and Thursday, April 23rd was officially opened on day one by Dr. Robert Brackett, IIT Vice President and IFSH Director, and day two by Dr. Mary Lou Tortorello, Chief, Food Technology Branch, U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The event was a great success and all of our Food Science and Nutrition (FdSN) FST/FPE Graduate students worked very hard and did a fantastic job! The presentations were judged by our panel of judges comprised of four staff members including two judges from the FDA (Drs. Greg Fleischman and Carol Shieh) and two from IFSH (Jack Cappozzo and John Hammerstone).
The judges ranked the presentations based on the following criteria:
- Quality of Scientific Research
- Power Point slides
- Oral Presentation
The awards went to the following students:
- 1st Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $500 - Ms. Ye Yu, Master of Food Safety and Technology Degree Candidate (Lauren Jackson and Binu Bedford’s student)
- 2nd Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $300 - Ms. Yangjunna Zhang, Master of Science Degree Candidate, Food Safety and Technology (Elizabeth Grasso, Sue Keller and Nate Anderson’s student)
- 3rd Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $100 – Mr. Zeyan Zhong, Master of Science Degree Candidate, Food Safety and Technology (Kaiping Deng and Diane Stewart’s student)
The awards were presented by:
- Dr. Darsh Wasan, Ph.D., Motorola Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and Vice President for International Affairs, IIT
- Dr. Mary Lou Tortorello, Ph.D., Chief, Food Technology Branch, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Dr. Jason Wan, Ph.D., Associate Director, Institute for Food Safety and Health, IIT
Once again, THANK YOU to Dr. T.J. Fu for moderating the sessions and our judges for your time and effort. Also, our PIs spend a lot of time with the students each and every day to guide and mentor them ---and--- deserve a SPECIAL THANK YOU for their continuous support! We truly appreciate the hard work our PIs put in everyday to help our students succeed! Thank you!
The Graduate Student Seminar Days help our students to improve in their research skills, presentation skills and critical thinking skills. Hence, they learn so much from your feedback – so thank you to everyone for your continuous support to our students in the FdSN program!
Things To Do in Chicago
This site is operated by the Chicago Tribune and contains a list of activities and events in Chicago, and also in the surrounding suburbs. It also has a daily calendar of events.
A comprehensive list of activities, attractions, and shopping in Chicago.
An extensive listing of entertainment, restaurants, activities, shopping, events, transportion, and tours.
A listing of things to do in Chicago.
League of Chicago Theatres
A list of theatres and shows in and around Chicagoland.
A list of restaurants, bars, arts and cultural activities, shopping, and travel and visitor information.
A listing of businesses, activities, and events in Chinatown.