The Department of Food Science and Nutrition offers masters degrees and certificates in food safety, food technology, and food process engineering. With an enrollment of over 170 students, IIT's food science program has a flexible structure that meets the needs of both full-time students and working professionals alike. Since the Department leverages the power of collaborative research between IIT and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), our students benefit immensely from focused interaction with FDA scientists.
Why Get a Food Science Degree at IIT?
- Program faculty are drawn from world-class IIT, FDA, and industry scientists
- Students have the opportunity to conduct cutting edge research at IFSH under the supervision of IIT Faculty and FDA Scientists
- Face-to-Face classes are offered on nights and weekends for those living in Chicagoland
- Online classes allow those who work to attend classes at their own convenience
- Students are encouraged to take part in meetings, conferences, and taskforces that provide unparalleled networking opportunities
- Proximity to Chicago means access to hundreds of employers with jobs and internships
- Both Thesis and Non-Thesis Master's Degrees, as well as Certificate Programs, are available
- Students interact with over 60 member companies affiliated with IFSH
- Job placement for graduates from the Department of Food Science and Nutrition is nearly 100%