About this Course:
Intelligent device application development is covered with various technologies on mobile and robotic platforms. Utilizing contemporary toolkits, the student considers design and development on emulated and real smart devices including smart phones, personal digital assistants, sensors, actuators, and robots. Numerous exercises reinforce concepts gained throughout the course. A term project will integrate course topics into a comprehensive intelligent device application.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Use the development tools in the Android development environment
- Use the major components of Android API set to develop their own apps
- Describe the life cycles of Activities, Applications and Fragments
- Use the Java programming language to build Android apps
- Make UI-rich apps using all the major UI components
- Know UI best-practices
- Be familiar with new UI components like Fragments and the Action Bar
- Store and manipulate data using Content Providers, Shared Preferences and Notifications
- Do background processing with Services and AsyncTasks
- Utilize Sensors like Gyroscopes, Accelerometers and GPS to add orientation and locationto their apps
- Send and receive SMS messages programmatically
- Package and prepare their apps for distribution on the Google Play Store
Grading/CEU award for this course includes projects.