About this Course:
This course will prepare students to be effective IT managers. Students will be introduced to the general challenges of management as well as the challenges unique to leading teams of technology professionals. The course will explore the skills necessary to excel as a leader including conflict resolution, developing leadership skills, recruiting and developing employees, and leading remote and virtual teams. Students will explore case studies and execute team exercises to enrich their learning experience.
Who Should Attend:
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Utilize the power of teams
- Understand team dynamics and organizational behavior
- Establish a culture of teamwork
- Appreciate and utilize diversity
- Lead technology professionals
- Understand the value of empowerment and ownership
- Manage team conflict
- Understand effective motivational techniques
- Understand the process of skill development
- Proactively communicate with individuals as well as teams in both face-to-face and remote situations
- Efficiently assess situations and prioritize the actions required to resolve issues and improve culture
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.