About this Course:
Prepares students for a role as a network security analyst and administrator. Topics include hacking, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures; network security protocols, encryption, identity and authentication, scanning, firewalls, security tools, and organizations addressing security. A key component of this course is a self-contained team project.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand and explore the many vulnerabilities of operating systems, software, and networks
- Develop an understanding of the exploits used to access computers computer without owner's knowledge
- Know why, where, and how viruses, worms, and blended threats are created.
- Identify and work to prevent DoS, SYN flooding, and other network attacks.
- Use safe ways to share files and data across the Internet through a virtual private network.
- Install and configure a firewall
- Function in an entry or intermediate level security position
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper. Participants completing this course may want to consider acquiring a Security+, SSCP or other similar certification.