About this Course:
This course is an in-depth examination of best practices in the management of enterprise data centers. Topics include data center consolidation; data center maintenance; server and network management methods and tools; budget and finance; service-level agreements; managing data center personnel and staff; and disaster recovery.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the operational role and responsibilities of a Data Center Manager in a modern Data Center
- Know about how to design a modern Data Center, and how to participate on projects that involve Data Center repairs, enhancement or upgrades
- Discuss and describe the business drivers and constraints that influence Data Center design and construction
- Understand and communicate with Architects, Engineers, Facilities and Contractors during the management and possible enhancement of a Data Center or a Data Center upgrade or expansion
- Describe the most critical issues and components that affect the design and operation of production Data Centers
- Understand Data Center Economics and the financial drivers that impact the design, construction and operation of modern Data centers, and communicate these as part of a project delivery process
- Understand issues related to Data Center safety, security as well as some of the compliance frameworks that help document and ensure that organizations are in compliance
- Identify and determine the importance and usefulness of new trends and technologies that will affect the design and operations of modern Data Centers
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.