About this Course:
This class will introduce the student to concepts needed for successfully designing, building and implementing a data warehouse. The class will provide the technological and managerial knowledge base for data modeling approaches such as the star schema and database de-normalization issues. Topics such as loading the warehouse, performance considerations, and other concepts unique to the data warehouse environment will be discussed and demonstrated in detail.
Who Should Attend:
After the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to,
- Explain top down and bottom up approaches for building data warehouses
- Correctly use data warehouse and business intelligence terminologies
- Explain and apply business dimensional lifecycle
- Perform multidimensional analysis
- Describe data warehouse infrastructure issues
- Determine the need for and management of meta data
- Explain the components of a data warehouse technical architecture
- Describe techniques for data extraction transformation and loading into a data warehouse
- Explain the techniques used for data presentation by analytical applications
- Demonstrate the techniques for building a dimensional data mart/warehouse
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.