About this Course:
This class will introduce the student to concepts needed for successfully designing, building and implementing a data warehouse. The class will provide the technological and managerial knowledge base for data modeling approaches such as the star schema and database de-normalization issues. Topics such as loading the warehouse, performance considerations, and other concepts unique to the data warehouse environment will be discussed and demonstrated in detail.
After the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to,
- Explain top down and bottom up approaches for building data warehouses
- Correctly use data warehouse and business intelligence terminologies
- Explain and apply business dimensional lifecycle
- Perform multidimensional analysis
- Describe data warehouse infrastructure issues
- Determine the need for and management of meta data
- Explain the components of a data warehouse technical architecture
- Describe techniques for data extraction transformation and loading into a data warehouse
- Explain the techniques used for data presentation by analytical applications
- Demonstrate the techniques for building a dimensional data mart/warehouse
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.