About this Course:
This course prepares students to become leaders in information technology and to build IT companies. Students design and develop a prototype IT product and prepare a business plan and venture proposal presentation.
Who Should Attend:
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Assess the viability of a new business concept or idea
- Identify the critical assumptions underlying a new business concept and the milestones in implementing the business concept
- Develop strategies to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage for the new venture
- Understand the implications of the overall strategy for sales, marketing, finance, legal requirements, operations, human resources and other business functions and the interrelationships among the different functions
- Develop a business plan and startup scenario to facilitate the implementation of the business idea or concept
- Communicate effectively the strategic vision for the business and its strategies that will serve as a road map for initiating and growing the business
- Develop an understanding of your personal entrepreneurship strategy
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments and papers.