About this Course:
In-depth examination of topics in the management of information technology frameworks for IT Service Management and Information Security, as described by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 and its aligned standards, ISO 20002: Code of Practice for IT Service Management and ISO 27002: Code of Practice for Information Security.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss information technology management frameworks
- Identify and define key terms and critical concepts of IT Service Management
- Describe the role of professionals involved in IT Service Management in an organizational structure
- Explain the business need for IT Service Management
- Discuss the fundamental aspects of documenting IT Service Management
- Identify the categories that are be used to implement IT Service Management
- Discuss conceptual frameworks that exist which are aligned or complementary
- Explain management's role in the development, maintenance, and enforcement of IT Service
- Management policy, standards, practices, procedures, and guidelines
- Understand an organization institutionalizes IT Service Management
- Discuss the strategies behind implementation of IT Service Management in an organization
- Discuss the alignment of IT Service Management with Process Improvement and Information Security standards and best practices
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.