About this Course:
Basic principles of project management are taught with a particular focus on project planning for information technology hardware, software and networking project implementation. Management of application development and major Web development projects will also be addressed.
Who Should Attend:
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current state and best practices of information technology project management using appropriate terminology
- Analyze project management decisions in terms of technical, cost-benefit and human resource considerations
- Assess the risk exposure of an IT project and develop plans for mitigating and managing risks
- Develop mechanisms for capturing and reporting objective measures of project progress
- Apply frameworks for effective planning and decision making regarding IT project management
- Describe the human resource, financial, and technical responsibilities of an IT project manager, including the unique challenges associated with outsourcing, off-shoring, and globalization
- Discuss the impact of quality management and process maturity on IT project management
- Discuss the role of portfolio management in realizing corporate strategic vision
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, paper, projects, and exams .