About this Course:
Basic principles of project management are taught with a particular focus on project planning for information technology hardware, software and networking project implementation. Management of application development and major Web development projects will also be addressed.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the current state and best practices of information technology project management using appropriate terminology
- Analyze project management decisions in terms of technical, cost-benefit and human resource considerations
- Assess the risk exposure of an IT project and develop plans for mitigating and managing risks
- Develop mechanisms for capturing and reporting objective measures of project progress
- Apply frameworks for effective planning and decision making regarding IT project management
- Describe the human resource, financial, and technical responsibilities of an IT project manager, including the unique challenges associated with outsourcing, off-shoring, and globalization
- Discuss the impact of quality management and process maturity on IT project management
- Discuss the role of portfolio management in realizing corporate strategic vision
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, paper, projects, and exams .