About this Course:
Digital steganography is the science of hiding covert information in otherwise innocent carrier files so that the observer is unaware that hidden information exists. This course studies both digital steganography and digital steganalysis (the science of discovering the existence of and extracting the covert information). In addition to understanding the science and the pathologies of specific carriers and hiding algorithms, participants will have hands-on experience with tools to both hide and extract information. Carrier files such as image, audio, and video files will be investigated.
- Evaluate how to hide information within digital content
- Understand steganography and steganalysis
- Analyze the benefits and drawbacks of hiding information in various media
- Secure content using watermarking and other techniques
- Use a variety of tools for information hiding
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.