About this Course:
Students learn to set up and maintain PC workstations and servers and to administer PC servers and networks. Topics include hardware requirements; software compatibility; and system installation, configuration and options and post-installation topics; administrative practices required for file system security; process management; performance monitoring and tuning; storage management; back-up and restoration of data; and disaster recovery and prevention.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Install Windows 2008 Server and Active Directory Domain
- Learn how to manage server, active directory, client computers and users
- Learn how to apply server security, software distribution and updates
- Performing schedules vulnerability-assessment scans and monitoring server performance
- Learn how to design Infrastructure requirements
- Setup server system virtualization
- Day-to-day management of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services
- Monitoring logs for firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Learn Windows 2008 PowerShell Scripting
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.