About this Course:
Participants learn to set up and maintain and administrate X86-based servers and associated networks using a contemporary industry-standard proprietary operating system. Topics include hardware requirements, software compatibility, system installation, configuration and options and post-installation topics, administrative and technical practices required for system security, process management, performance monitoring and tuning, storage management, backup and restoration of data, disaster recovery and prevention. Also addressed is the configuration and administration of common networks and server services such as DNS, DHCP, remote access. Email, basic virtualization.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Install Windows 2008 Server and Active Directory Domain
- Learn how to manage server, active directory, client computers and users
- Learn how to apply server security, software distribution and updates
- Performing schedules vulnerability-assessment scans and monitoring server performance
- Learn how to design Infrastructure requirements
- Setup server system virtualization
- Day-to-day management of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services
- Monitoring logs for firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Learn Windows 2008 PowerShell Scripting
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.