About this Course:
This course provides Participants with the opportunity to study various modern wireless communication technologies. It will start with an overview of the wireless technology. It will go on to explore the entire wireless evolution covering 1G AMPS, 2G GSM system, and the 3G and 4G wireless networks such as UMTS, LTE and WiMAX. A detailed investigation of WLAN is also included. Participants will have the opportunity to learn the different wireless network architectures, and air interfaces, major network elements. Major topics of the course include air interfaces, protocols, session management, QoS, security, mobility and handoff.
Who Should Attend:
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain wireless cellular network evolution, future directions and migration paths
- Understand wireless terminology and key concepts and major components of the 2G, 3G and 4G wireless networks
- Describe and discuss basic architecture design and implementation of different wireless network solutions
- Discuss major wireless network components and their functions, communication protocols
- Discuss and analyze specific issues such as air interface, protocols, QoS, security and handoff
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, labs and exams.