About this Course:
This course covers IT enterprise systems employing web services technologies in SOA and ESB architectural patterns. The student considers SOA which defines and provisions IT infrastructure and allows for a loosely-coupled data exchange over disparate applications participating in business processes. The simplification of integration and flexible reuse of business components within SOA is greatly furthered by ESB. Lab exercises using contemporary tool-kits are utilized to reinforce platform-agnostic course topics.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss in XML, Web Service and Service Oriented Architecture topics, jargon and techniques
- Locate application functionality from a large programmer API
- Debug application internal and external resources using unit testing principles
- Package and deploy applications
- Provide well-constructed code commenting and external documentation completely describing course deliverables
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams, projects, labs and paper.