About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in Data Center Operations and Management is awarded to participants who have completed both the Operating System Virtualization and Network+ Certification Training courses in addition to either Data Center Architecture or Data Center Management. If the participant has already completed coursework, training, or certification equivalent to Network+ Certification Training, then both courses Data Center Architecture and Data Center Management are required. Most often these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary of a Database Administrator is $85,000.*
Related job titles include Database Architect, Database Designer, and Data Processing Analyst.
Job growth in this area is expected to be 11% annually through 2024.
If the participant has already completed coursework, training, or certification equivalent to IT-O Network+ Certification Training, then both courses Data Center Architecture and Data Center Management are required.
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them for a career in data center operations. Courses are sixteen weeks long for the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer.
- IT-O 840 Network+ Certification Training - This course covers current and evolving data network technologies, protocols, network components, and the networks that use them, focusing on the Internet and related LANs. The state of worldwide networking and its evolution will be discussed. This course covers the Internet architecture, organization, and protocols including Ethernet, 802.11, routing, the TCP/UDP/IP suite, DNS, Bluetooth, SNMP, DHCP, and more.
- IT-O 854 Operating System Virtualization - This course will cover technologies allowing multiple instances of operating systems to be run on a single physical system. Concepts addressed will include hypervisors, virtual machines, paravirtualization and virtual appliances.
As well as one of the following two courses (If student has networking background equivalent to IT-O 840, both are required):
- IT-M 876 Data Center Management - This course is an in-depth examination of best practices in the management of enterprise data centers. Topics include data center consolidation; data center maintenance; server and network management methods and tools; budget and finance; service-level agreements; managing data center personnel and staff; and disaster recovery.
- IT-T 835 Data Center Architecture - The course deals with building integrated data center information infrastructures, including facility, hardware, software, and network components as solutions to particular enterprise information management needs and requirements. Students will learn critical elements of modern data center design including physical plant construction; network infrastructure; data storage technologies; power provisioning and conditioning; environmental controls and HVAC; system and physical security; modular component use; and planning for growth.
Students may also elect to enroll in the following additional courses.
- Cloud Computing Technologies, IT-O 884
- Cyber Security Technologies, IT-S 848
- Storage Technologies, IT-O 857
- Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, IT-S 888
Starting at $7,950
Contact Nuala Power for more Information