About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in Data Management & Analytics is awarded to participants who have completed both the Database Concepts with Oracle and SQL Databases courses in addition to at least one of the elective courses listed below. Those interested in pursuing this award must complete these three courses. Most often these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager of Information Technology courses. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary of a Database Administrator is $85,000.*
Related job titles include Database Architect, Database Designer, and Data Processing Analyst.
Job growth in this area is expected to increase 11% through 2024.
This program is designed for participants seeking knowledge that will prepare them for careers in data management and analytics. There are two required courses and one elective choice. Courses are sixteen weeks long for the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer.
- IT-D 821 Database Concepts with Oracle - Basic data modeling concepts are introduced. Hands-on database design, implementation, and administration of single-user and shared multi-user database applications using a contemporary relational database management system. Technologies addressed in this course include SQL and relational database management systems such as the Oracle DBMS.
- IT-D 822 SQL Databases - Advanced topics in database management and programming including client server application development are introduced. Expands knowledge of data modeling concepts and introduces object-oriented data modeling techniques.
The third course may be chosen as an elective from the list below:
- Data Warehousing, IT-D 826
- Data Analytics, IT-D 827
- Advanced Data Analytics, IT-D 829
- Object-Oriented System Analysis, Modeling and Design, IT-T 831
- Advanced SQL Databases, IT-D 823
Starting at $7,950
Contact Nuala Power for more Information