About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in IT Leadership, Innovation Entrepreneurship is awarded to participants after completion of three courses: Project Management for IT Professionals, Entrepreneurship for IT Professionals and Business Innovation OR two of the three courses and at least one elective courses of the Management concentration area. Those interested in pursuing this award must complete three certificate courses. Most often these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager of Information Technology courses. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salaries of Computer and Information Systems Managers is upwards of $136,000.*
Job growth is expected to increase 15% through 2024.
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them to be leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs in the field of information technology. Courses are sixteen weeks long for the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer.
- IT-M 871 Project Management for IT Professionals - Basic principles of project management are taught with a particular focus on project planning for information technology hardware, software and networking project implementation. Management of application development and major web development projects will also be addressed.
- IT-M 881 Entrepreneurship for IT Professionals - This course prepares students to become leaders in information technology and to build IT companies. Students design and develop a prototype IT product and prepare a business plan and venture proposal presentation.
- IT-M 882 Business Innovation - This course is designed to teach innovative thinking through theory, methods, and practice of innovation. The course incorporates Einstein's thinking and Edison's method to establish the innovation process that can be applied in current business environments. Current economic conditions and global sourcing requires that innovation becomes a leading tool for developing a competitive edge.
Alternatively, one of the above may be substituted with one of the following elective classes:
- Process Engineering for Information Technology Managers, IT-M 872
- Data Center Management, IT-M 876
- IT Management Frameworks: ITIL and COBIT, IT-M 874
- Cyber Security Management, IT-S 878
- Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, IT-S 888
- Legal and Ethical Issues in IT, IT-M 885
- Fundamentals of Management for Technical Professionals, IT-M 870
- CISA Certification Preparation, IT-M 886
- Information Technology at C-Level, IT-M 884
Starting at $7,950
Contact Nuala Power for more Information