About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in System Administration is awarded to those participants who have completed any three of the five System Administration courses listed below. Most often three courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager of Information Technology courses. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary for Systems Administrators in the United States is $80,000.*
Related job titles include Network, Database, or Web Administrators.
Job growth in this area is expected increase 8% through 2024.**
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them for a career as a system administrator. Courses are sixteen weeks long over the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer.
Courses (Select any three):
- IT-O 817 Shell Scripting for System Administrators - This course focuses on preparation of shell scripts to enhance and streamline system administration tasks in all contemporary server operating systems. Will address shell programming, regular expressions, common and system-specific shell utilities and built-in commands, user defined and shell variables, flow control structures, shell functions, and the creation and execution of shell scripts.
- IT-O 850 Windows End-User System Administration - Participants learn to set up, configure and maintain end-user-desktop and portable computers and devices in an enterprise environment using a contemporary proprietary operating system, including the actual installation of the operating system in a network client-server environment.
- IT-O 833 Windows Server Administration - Participants learn to set up and maintain and administrate X86-based servers and associated networks using a contemporary industry-standard proprietary operating system.
- IT-O 853 Linux Server Administration - Participants learn to set up, configure, and administer an industry-standard open source server operating system including integration with client systems using a variety of operating systems in a mixed environment.
- IT-O 856 Linux+ Certification Training - Participants learn to set up and configure an industry-standard open source operating system including system installation and basic system administration, system architecture, package management, command line commands, devices, filer systems, and the file system hierarchy standard.
Additional add-on fourth and fifth courses can be chosen from above or from the following:
- Operating System Security, IT-S 858
- Cloud Computing Technologies, IT-O 844
- Operating System Virtualization, IT-O 854
- Project Management for Information Technology Professionals, IT-M 871
Starting at $7,950
Contact Nuala Power for more Information