IT/Business/Industrial Technology Certificate Programs
Illinois Institute of Technology offers a two-semester International IT/Business/Industrial Technology Certificate Program. The program has two main components:
1. Students take three courses in Information Technology, Business or Industrial Technology for two consecutive semesters (two courses only in a summer semester).
2. Students take English courses six hours per week for two consecutive semesters (3 hours pre week only in summer semester).
Fall and Spring are full load semesters: students take 3 academic classes and 6 hours per week of English. (5 classes)
Summer semester has a lighter load of 2 academic classes and 3 hours per week of English. (3 classes)
A Two Semester program can include two full load semesters such as Fall + Spring or a full load semester and a Summer semester such as Spring + Summer. There is a price differenctial if one of the semesters is a summer.
Students who successfully complete this program will receive a Master’s Certificate in IT/Business/Industrial Technology from the Professional Learning Programs at IIT. Also, many IT courses completed in the International Program can be credited toward a Master’s degree in Information Technology and Management (ITM) or Industrial Technology and Management (INTM) upon acceptance into the ITM or INTM program.
IT/Business/Industrial Technology courses are offered in the day and evening at our Main Campus in Chicago. Many IT courses are taught in a lab environment so that students are given the opportunity to work on labs in the classroom. This allows international students the chance to be comfortable with the technology while in the classroom with the instructor on hand to answer questions.
When possible, international students will study alongside American students. Examples of courses offered include: Embedded Systems, Multimedia, Wireless Applications, Oracle, UNIX, .NET, Network Security, Project Management, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Advertising and many more.
English and Cultural Studies
Students in the International Program will attend six hours of English Conversation classes per week with occasional cultural field trips within the Chicago area.
- Fall Start: This program starts in late August and will complete all coursework in mid-May.
- Spring Start: This program starts in early January and will complete all coursework in mid-August.
- Summer Start: This program starts in mid-May and will complete all coursework in mid-December.
Room and Board Plans
Housing on IIT's main campus can be arranged. Students living in dorms must also have one of the IIT meal plans. Information on types of room and meal plans available can be found at http://www.iit.edu/housing. Students coming under sponsorship or as a study abroad may have restrictions on the choice of dorm and meal plan.