About this Course:
Mechanics of Materials is one of the many 3-hour review sessions designed for engineers who plan to register as a professional engineer and wish to prepare for the examinations required to achieve this status. Licensed engineers who must fulfill registration requirements for continuing education may choose to take any of these individual classes. Your participation in these classes awards Continuing Education Units (CEU) which will be recorded on your Illinois Institute of Technology transcript.
Online FE-PE Review Sessions: In addition to live in the classroom, ALL FE-PE review sessions are available online. Online sessions provide the convenience of anytime anyplace learning and allow sessions to be viewed multiple times.
The Professional Engineering Review schedule indicates when and at which Illinois Tech campus location each session is presented live. Within 24–72 hours after the live presentation, each session is made available on Illinois Tech’s Blackboard Learning System and remains available for the duration of the review course. Those interested in enrolling in individual sessions who have missed the live presentation date may still participate in the online session. Each session is made available in this way for a two-week period upon enrollment.
Get information on the entire Professional Engineering/FE-PE Review Course.
Participants should have a degree in engineering and an interest in the topic.
Who Should Attend:
This course is valuable for engineers interested in a review of the topic especially licensed engineers interested in fulfilling registration requirements for continuing education.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Apply the formulas of uniaxial stress-strain
- Apply the formulas of uniaxial loading and deformation
- Apply the formulas of thermal deformations
- Apply the formulas of cylindrical pressure vessel
- Apply the formulas of static loading failure theories
- Apply the formulas of variable loading theories (fatigue)
- Apply the formulas of centroid and moment of inertia
- Apply the formulas of torsion Learn and apply the formulas of beams
- Apply the formulas of columns
- Apply the formulas of elastic strain energy