Two of the three local speakers in this special dinner and presentation --Joe Arvin and Pam McDonough --are members of the Advisory Board to Industrial Technology and Management (INTM) program at IIT. This group represents the interests and priorities of multiple industries, in particular Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics, Facilities Management and Sustainability. The Board meets three times per year to discuss issues impacting industry and the means required to facilitate productive operations, including skilled workforce, educational competencies, customized training and education programs, applied technologies, jobs and internships, and more.
Mr. Arvin has given us a sneak preview of his remarks that will cover questions such as
- Is the US economy really improving for the middle class?
- With improved exports of manufactured goods are we still sending trillions of dollars of our wealth offshore?
- Is the trade deficit of manufactured goods now turning around?
- What is Phantom GDP?
- What is the real GDP considering Phantom GDP?
- Offshoring - is it still going on?
- Will innovation, new technology, and automation be harmful to job creation and hurt the middle class?
- What will happen to the union movement over the next 10 years?
Event details are on the attached flyer.
Buca di Beppo
90 Yorktown Road
Lombard, IL 60148
Who can attend?:
SME Members and Guests
Truths and Myths about the US Economy
President, Citizens for American Manufacturing (CAM)
Manufacturing Workforce Challenges - 2015
President/CEO, Alliance for Illinois Manufacturing/NORBIC
Accelerating Business Growth using M&A Strategies
President, Chicago M&A Advisors, Inc.
$45 SME Members
$55 SME Non-Members