Illinois Tech's Department of Food Science and Nutrition offers Food Science Masters Degrees for working professional interested in taking the next step in their career, but who unable to pursue their studies on a full time basis. Classes are offered on evenings and weekends, enabling those living in the Chicago area the benefit of interactive, face-to-face instruction with faculty. Classes are also offered online, allowing those with busy schedules the opportunity to attend class at their convenience.
- World-class researchers from IFSH and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as highly respected industry professionals, combine to provide an unparalleled mix of faculty found nowhere else.
- The FDA presence provides a unique opportunity for students to understand the synergy of scientific philosophy and legal issues involved in the regulatory process governing the safety of the food supply.
- Students are enabled and encouraged to take part in IFSH meetings, conferences, seminars, and task forces, providing unrivaled networking opportunities.
Food Science Degree Types
- Master of Food Process Engineering (Professional, Non-Thesis Option)
- Master of Food Safety and Technology (Professional, Non-Thesis Option)
- Master of Food Safety and Technology with Specialization in Business (Professional, Non-Thesis Option)
- Master of Food Safety and Technology with Specialization in Industrial Management (Professional, Non-Thesis Option)