The Industrial Technology and Management Program’s Facilities Management (FM) specialization at Illinois Institute of Technology is available at the undergraduate and graduate level. The FM specialization prepares students to handle the range of supervisory and managerial responsibilities required to operate, maintain, and improve buildings and facilities. The curriculum is designed for students with prior training, education, and experience in stationary engineering, facilities engineering, HVAC, HACR, or facilities management.
Students earning the FM specialization may advance into careers as facilities managers, project managers, maintenance managers, or property managers. Students who are active members of International Union of Operating Engineers Local 399 may qualify for tuition assistance via the Education Training Fund Tuition Benefit program.
Students must complete four (4) specialization electives to earn the FM specialization:
- INTM 314 Maintenance Technology and Management
- INTM 411 Functional Facilities Management
- INTM 413 Contract Administration for Construction Projects
- INTM 415/515 Advanced Project Management
- INTM 416/516 Integrated Facilities Management
- INTM 423/523 Sustainable Facilities Operations
Complementary elective courses include INTM 407/507 Construction Technology; INTM 418/518 Industrial Risk Management; and EG 430 Introduction to Building Information Modeling.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT FACULTY:
- David Arditi, adjunct professor; director of the Construction Engineering and Management Program; Illinois Tech professor of civil, architectural, and environmental engineering.
- Jim Coates, adjunct professor; Facilities Maintenance, HVAC, Stationary Engineering, Electrical Systems.
- Nancy Hamill-Governale, adjunct professor; Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program facilitator; Integrated Facilities Management, Facilities and Energy Master Planning.
- Andy Kumiega, adjunct professor; Illinois Tech assistant professor of analytics.
- Daniel Tomal, adjunct professor; Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program facilitator; Energy Audits, Electrical Technology, Technical Education.