INTM’s Industrial Facilities specialization (IF) at Illinois Institute of Technology is available at the undergraduate and graduate level. IF prepares students for positions in facilities management and construction project management, and is designed for students with prior training, education, and experience in technical fields to include Electrical Construction Technology, Stationary Engineering, HVAC, Facilities Maintenance, and Construction Management.
Topics in INTM’s Industrial Facilities specialization include construction technology, facilities and construction administration, advanced project management, and construction estimating. Complimentary coursework includes maintenance technology, risk management, and human resource management.
Students earning the Industrial Facilities specialization may advance into careers as facilities managers, construction managers, construction estimators, project engineers, or maintenance superintendents. The INTM program supplements studies prior technical training with skills in administration, business, finance, and communications.
Students must complete four (4) Industrial Facilities related courses to earn the IF specialization:
- INTM 411 Functional Facilities Management *NEW SPRING '18
- INTM 413 Contract Administration for Construction Projects
- INTM 416/516 Integrated Facilities Management.
- INTM 417 Construction Estimating
- INTM 407/507 Construction Technology
- INTM 415/515 Advanced Project Management
- INTM 423/523 Sustainable Facilities Operations
BINTM Program information with the IF suggested course sequence
A degree in Industrial Technology and Management with a specialization in Industrial Facilities provides you with knowledge and skills that qualifies you for a variety of careers in the Industrial Technology field.
- Plant/Operating Manager
- Maintenance Technician
- Environmental Services Manager
- Facilities Coordinator
Industrial Facilities Faculty:
- David Arditi, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Construction Engineering and Management Program; Illinois Tech, Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering (CAEE) department
Jim Coates, Adjunct Professor; Facilities Maintenance, HVAC, Stationary Engineering, Electrical Systems
Nancy Hamill-Governale, Adjunct Professor; Integrated Facilities Management, Facilities and Energy Master Planning, IPRO Facilitator
Andy Kumiega, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor; Industrial Engineering, Finance, and Markets
Ray Lemming, J.D., Adjunct Professor; Construction Estimating, Facilities Infrastructure, Design, Planning, and Development
John Prendergast, Adjunct Professor; Construction Technology, Contract Management
- Daniel Tomal, Ph.D., Adjunct Professor, IPRO Facilitator; Electronics, and Electrical Grid Technology, Technical Education