Academic advising plays an important role for all students at IIT. The few minutes it takes to review course choices and discuss scheduling options with an adviser helps ensure all courses taken will apply towards the student’s degree program.
Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Undergraduate and Graduate students are required to consult with an academic adviser on course choices in order to obtain the Advising PIN.
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech. INTM students must adhere to the following procedure:
- NEW STUDENTS must complete the INTM Pre-Advising form.
- INTM academic advisor will respond by email to confirm schedule options and provide the advising PIN.
- CONTINUING STUDENTS must consult with their primary academic adviser via phone, email, or in person each semester to receive the advising PIN (consult Degree Works for adviser information).
- Once the PIN is issued and used for registration, it will appear in the IIT personal ID channel in myIIT portal.
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or co-terminal) adviser during the first semester of attendance. The GP Graduate (Program) Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Co-terminal students in the first semester of graduate co-terminal enrollment
- Traditional masters students at 9 earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credits
- The hold prevents registration before the following semester until lifted by the adviser
- The mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold
INTM students should make academic advising appoitments using INTM's online booking system;
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Admission (Graduate): https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Graduate Admissions: https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/
Students are welcome to visit the INTM office at IIT’s Main Campus (Room 4001, Tech South) for advising or to request assistance with other matters from 1:00-5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Students may also contact INTM for assistance at 312.567.3650 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact an individual staff or faculty member, please consult directory information under People.