Academic advising plays an important role for all students at IIT. The few minutes it takes to review course choices and discuss scheduling options with an adviser helps ensure all courses taken will apply towards the student’s degree program.
Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Undergraduate and Graduate students are required to consult with an academic adviser on course choices in order to obtain the Registration PIN. INTM students must adhere to the following procedures:
Undergraduate Academic Advising
- NEW STUDENTS must meet with their primary academic adviser to discuss program and course options, set their first semester class schedule, and obtain the Advising PIN.
- CONTINUING STUDENTS must consult with an academic adviser via phone, email or in person each semester to receive the Advising PIN (consult Undergraduate Degree Works system for adviser information).
- A new Advising PIN is issued every semester. Once the PIN is used for registration, it will appear in the IIT Personal ID Numbers channel in the myIIT Portal (‘Welcome’ tab).
Graduate Academic Advising
- NEW STUDENTS must complete the INTM Pre-Advising form to begin the academic advising process.
- INTM academic advisor will respond by email to confirm schedule options and provide the Advising PIN.
- During the first semester of attendance, new students must complete a mandatory advising session with their primary academic adviser to discuss program and course options. Students are instructed to:
- Confirm identity of their primary adviser in Graduate Degree Works (‘Academics’ tab in myIIT).
- Review INTM’s Academic Advising Procedure for Graduate Students
- Schedule the advising session using INTM’s appointment system at https://intm.youcanbook.me
- Complete INTM’s Graduate Academic Advising Worksheet in preparation for the advising session.
- Submit required eForms using Graduate Degree Works system (‘Academics’ tab in myIIT).
- The GP Graduate (Program) Advising Hold will be lifted after completing the advising session and required eForms have been submitted.
- Once the PIN is issued, it will appear in the IIT personal ID channel in myIIT portal. A new Advising PIN is issued every semester.
- CONTINUING STUDENTS are encouraged to consult with their primary academic adviser via phone, email, or in person with any questions about new courses, course substitutions and/or taking courses from another major (requires adviser approval and an eForm).
INTM students should make academic advising appointments using INTM's online booking system at
Students are welcome to visit the INTM office at IIT’s Main Campus (Room 4001, Tech South) for advising or to request assistance with other matters from 1:00-5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Appointments are strongly recommended. Students may contact INTM for assistance at 312.567.3650 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To connect with an individual staff or faculty member, please consult directory information under People.
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Admission (Graduate): https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Graduate Admissions: https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/