Admission requirements for IIT undergraduate Information Technology and Management degree programs are based on a holistic approach that considers a variety of academic, extracurricular, social, and personal qualities. All students are held to a high standard of academic excellence, aptitude in mathematics and science, social service, and a desire to pursue a high quality educational experience.
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible so our admission staff can help you through the process. All applications will be treated and evaluated equally by the Admissions Committee. It is currently free to apply as an undergraduate to Illinois Institute of Technology.
There are three types of undergraduate students that apply to the undergraduate degree program:
First-Year – students entering directly from high school
Transfer – students transferring from a community college or another university
Co-Terminal – students entering as undergraduate students and simultaneously pursuing their bachelor’s and master’s degrees
First-Year (Directly from high school)
Apply as a First-Year Student
Apply as an International First-Year Student
Transfer (Transfer from a community college or another university)
- A GPA of 3.0 or better for students with 30 or more hours.
- Students with fewer than 30 semester hours will have to submit their high school transcripts and test scores, despite being classified as a transfer student.
- If you are planning to transfer from a two-year college in the Chicagoland area, please refer to our transfer credit guidelines. The link below provides a guide for selecting courses from partner institutions for the major of interest.
Apply as a Transfer Student
Apply as an International Transfer Student (First-Year and Transfer)
Co-Terminal (Earn your bachelor’s and master’s simultaneously)
Students in the Co-Terminal degree program will initially need to meet the First-Year admissions requirements and to continue in the program will need to meet the following criteria:
- First-Year students will need to earn a GPA of 3.25 or better in the first three semesters at IIT
- Transfer students will need to earn a GPA of 3.25 or better in the first two semesters
- To continue in the graduate program you will need to earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
Apply to the Co-Terminal Program