Students in IIT Information Technology and Management (ITM) work on real-life ITM class projects and Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) as part of their learning experience. Projects help students take learning to a higher level by having them apply what they learn in class to solve real-life IT issues.
C. Robert Carlson, Professor and Dean of the School of Applied Technology, states that, “It is important to learn in the classroom, but it is even more meaningful for students to demonstrate they have assimilated the knowledge by completing a real-life project. This hands-on, reality-based approach to education is what prepares students not only for a job, but to become innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders of the future.”
The ITM program is looking for real-life IT projects from organizations. If your organization has a potential real-life project, please contact Scott Pfeiffer, Director of Outreach and Marketing for IIT School of Applied Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.682.6001.
Learn more about ITM projects
Since 1995, the IPRO team project course at IIT has been teaching students how to excel in the workplace by providing them the practical tools that can make a difference in their professional and personal lives.
The IPRO program teaches teamwork, innovation, and complex problem-solving skills by bringing together students from various academic disciplines to work as a team to tackle a real-world problem. Such experiential learning reinforces traditional education methods, providing students a richer academic experience.
- Many corporate and community partners participate in and sponsor projects
- Students, faculty, alumni, and various organizations propose project topics
- Service-learning IPRO projects strive to improve the human condition, K–12 education, and other efforts that make the world a better place
- Sustainability IPRO projects aim to preserve our environmental heritage through exploration of technologies, behaviors, and practices that change our way of thinking, working, and living
- Entrepreneurial IPRO projects (EnPROs) pursue ideas with a business slant
Learn more about IPRO projects