Academic advising plays an important role for all students at IIT. The few minutes it takes to review course choices and discuss scheduling options with an adviser helps ensure all courses taken will apply towards the student’s degree program.
Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Undergraduate and Graduate students are required to consult with an academic advisor on course choices in order to obtain the Advising PIN.
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN required for registration in the first semester of
student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
- Undergraduate Students must consult with their primary academic advisor via phone, email, or in person each semester to receive the advising PIN (consult Degree Works for adviser information).
- New On-Campus Graduate Students will receive their PIN after completing an Advising and Registration session held during the week prior to courses starting. Students will receive email communication on how to sign up for these sessions. If you have not received such communication, please email Ryan Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org in the ITM Department for instructions.
- Online, Certificate, and Non-Degree Graduate Students must consult with their Advisor, Ryan Nelson at email@example.com, to receive their PIN and discuss course choices.
- Once the PIN is issued and used for registration, it will appear in the IIT personal ID channel in myIIT portal.
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or co-terminal) adviser. The GP Graduate (Program) Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Co-terminal students in the first semester of graduate co-terminal enrollment
- Traditional masters students at 9 earned or enrolled credits
- The hold prevents registration before the following semester until lifted by the adviser
- The mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold
ITM students will be emailed by their advisor on how to schedule an Advising Appointment.
- Co-Terminal Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Admission (Graduate): https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Graduate Admissions: https://admissions.iit.edu/graduate/choose
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/