The Fifth Annual Graduate Student Seminar Day(s) was held on Wednesday, April 23rd and Thursday, April 24th 2014. It was a great success! Dr. Robert Brackett, IIT Vice President and IFSH Director, officially opened by and the event! All of the Food Science and Nutrition (FdSN) FST/FPE Graduate students worked very hard and did a fantastic job! The presentations were judged by a panel of judges comprised of four staff members including two judges from the FDA (Drs. Susanne Keller and Diane Stewart) and two from IFSH (Dr. Kaiping Deng and Armand Paradis).
The judges ranked the presentations based on the following criteria:
- Quality of Scientific Research
- Power Point slides
- Oral Presentation
The awards went to the following students:
- 1st Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $500 - Mr. Xuebin Fan (Tong-Jen Fu’s student)
- 2nd Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $300 - Ms. Yancui Huang (Britt Burton-Freeman and Indika Edirisinghe’s student)
- 3rd Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $100 – Mr. Yue Zhou (Yoon Song’s student)
The awards were presented by:
- Dr. Darsh Wasan, Ph.D., Motorola Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and Vice President for International Affairs, IIT
- Dr. Richard McDonald, Ph.D., Director, Division of Food Processing and Technology, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Dr. C. Robert (Bob) Carlson, Ph.D., Dean, IIT School of Applied Technology and Chair, Department of Information Technology and Management
Once again, thank you to the judges a BIG THANK YOU to our PIs who support and mentor our students each and every day! You hard work is truly appreciated and helps FdSN students succeed! Thank you!
The Graduate Seminar Days help FdSN students improve their presentation skills and they learn from your feedback. Thank you to everyone for your continuous support to our students and the FdSN program!
Congratulations again to Xuebin, Yancui (YC) and Yue -- Well done!