The Industrial Technology and Management (INTM) is taking part in a movement to promote manufacturing on National Manufacturing Day, October 3, 2014.
This Friday, and throughout the month of October, companies involved in manufacturing will host more than 1500 manufacturing-oriented events and activities nationwide. INTM is encouraging all of our students, alumni, faculty, and partners to take advantage of local opportunities to learn more about how new technologies are used and the career potential within the industry. During the month, INTM will post more news items and events on our webpage
In the meantime, the following companies (and many others) are hosting tours in the Chicagoland area:
- Caterpillar with locations in Joliet and Montgomery is conducting facility tours to demonstrate how advancements in technology contribute to the design and production of their products.
- Davies Molding in Carol Stream is conducting tours to demonstrate how different types of plastic molding technologies are used to produce industrial and household products.
- Bison Gear and Engineering in St. Charles is conducting tours that illustrate the incredible precision and manufacturing rational involved to produce gears that meet high performance requirements.
- Sandvik Coromant in Schaumburg will be demonstrating the latest in metal cutting machining capabilities and how these capabilities are revolutionizing how machining is achieved in 2014 and beyond.
- Toshiba Machine in Elk Grove Village will be demonstrating the latest advancements in how plastic molding and robotic assembly applications are developed and utilized in a number of industries to meeting customer’s exacting requirements.
RSVP PROMPTLY to secure a spot for a tour! VISIT www.mfgday.com