This course provides students with the concepts and skills to build iOS Apps for iPhone/iPad devices. Students practice hands-on basics and continue into advanced techniques, while building small project-based apps. Attendees will be required to bring a Mac Laptop for this class and an Apple device (iPhone/iPad) with version iOS10+.
Who should attend:
This NxtGen Tech course is open to any high school sophomore, junior or senior (and technically advanced incoming freshmen with IIT Staff approval). No special prerequisite knowledge is required, however, It is recommended that students have had at least one high school level programming class. This course is focused on app development and will assume a basic knowledge of programming fundamentals. Courses are very hands-on and interactive.
How you will benefit:
This is a project-based class designed to introduce app development concepts with small-scale hands-on coding lessons, building up to complete Apple iOS apps.
Workshop objectives (What is covered):
In this course student will:
- Get an introduction to Apple's Xcode integrated development environment
- Learn Programming Basics with the Apple's Swift programming language
- Apply conditional statements, variables and loops to simple applications
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming practices
- Apply gesture controls to create interactive iOS apps
- Load their IOS app on to the student's supported iOS device for testing
Additionally, attendees will create an Apple Developer account that will allow them to load their application into the Apple App Store.
Lenard Fitzpatrick is an Application Developer for Illinois Institute of Technology School of Applied Technology
More about Lenard Fitzpatrick
Chicago - July 24-27 (Mies Campus in Chicago)
Registration is currently closed