Programming the Circuit Playground
This workshop provides participants with a simple introduction to how Internet of Things (IoT) type devices are programmed. Participants will learn how to read and process input from sensors, program functionality and provide output using a very user-friendly all-in one board, the AdaFruit Circuit Playground (theirs to keep and create with after the workshop).
Learn more about the AdaFruit Circuit Playground:
Who should attend:
This course is open to 8th graders, freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Workshop participants will:
- Receive a foundational level of experience with the interactive components of IOT devices
- Participate in project-based learning, building a simple two player interactive game
- Learn to plan, execute and test small electronic projects that interact with the world around them
- Build a Quick ‘Draw’ game that detects the fastest on the draw
- Programming a microprocessor
- Detecting input from touch sensors
- Providing output via visual display
More about Jeremy Hajek
Date and Location:
$69 (includes parts and supplies)