Building Raspberry Pi WiFi Jukebox
Workshop Overview:This workshop will guide participants through constructing of their own internet connected streaming music player. Participants will learn how to build and configure a streaming music player that has multiple pushbuttons to interact with the player and an LCD screen that provides feedback about the current song, artist and other useful information.
This is a modern take on the old Jukebox and an excellent chance to use technology to produce a product.
Who should attend:This course is open to 8th graders, freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Workshop participants will:
- Receive a foundational level of experience with the interactive components of IoT devices
- Participate in project-based learning, build a streaming music player and user interface
- Learn to plan, execute and test small electronic projects that interact with the world around them
- Programming a microprocessor
- Interfacing a device with a web service
- Implementing control interfaces
- Detecting input from pushbuttons
- Providing output via visual display
More about Jeremy Hajek
Rice Campus201 E Loop Road
Wheaton IL, 60189
Date and Time:Friday, June 16 - Saturday 17
9am - 3pm