The NxtGen Summer Tech Program, offered by the School of Applied Technology at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), is for high school students who are interested in learning more about Information Technology (IT), computing and next generation technologies.
NxtGen courses offer a glimpse of the future of the internet, computing, programming, networking, and the next wave of emerging technologies. Courses are hands-on and involve interactive projects with support from IIT faculty, staff and select students.
Who Can Attend?
The program is appropriate for beginning and advanced high school sophomores, juniors and seniors (and technically advanced incoming freshmen with IIT staff approval). Previous technology courses or experience is helpful but not required.
All courses are introductory and appropriate for all students.
- Courses are offered for learning purposes and fun and are not graded.
- Courses are taught in a computer lab and are very hands-on and interactive.
- Registration is available on a first-come basis (classes fill quickly)
- Courses meet from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with a break for lunch.
- Lunch will be provided for NxtGen students. Please let us know about any food allergies or dietary restrictions.