This course provides students with the concepts and skills for defensive hacking. Students practice hands-on Cybersecurity Defensive Hacking techniques while in a lab environment. Topics covered will include:
- The concept of "blue teams"
- Setup of a virtualization environment for threat assessment testing
- An overview of attack vectors, including brute force, denial of service, scans, backdoor attacks, and more
- Concepts and methods for mitigation of risk, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems
- Using scanning tools like Nmap, Wireshark, Dig, NSlookup and others to protect your network
Who should attend:
How you will benefit:
Workshop objectives (What is covered):
Topics covered the concept of "blue teams", setup of virtualization environment for threat assessments testing. Understanding the different attack vectors, brute force, denial of service, scans, backdoor attacks and others. Additionally, we will cover concepts and methods for mitigation of risk...firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), using snort, Security Onion, and tools for scanning your network for threats
Chicago courses will be taught by Maurice E. Dawson, Ph.D., D.C.Sc., SMIEEE. Dawson is an Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity and Forensics, and the Director, Center for Cyber Security and Forensics Education at illinois institute of Technology. He has written several books on cybersecurity and conducts researh in software assurance, advanced cyber security principles, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Learn more about Maurice E. Dawson, Ph.D., D.C.Sc., SMIEEE
Wheaton courses will be taught by Don Nelson. Mr. Nelson is an Adjunct Industry Professor of Information Technology and Management at Illinois Institute of Technology. He is also a Senior Validation Manager: Application Enablement and was an Information Security Architect, Systems Engineer & Product Manager - IP Multimedia Subsytem (IMS) with Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia.
Learn more about Don Nelson
Course Dates, Time, and Location:
Wheaton Course registration is closed