Build Piano Glove: A color detection based wearable synthesizer
This workshop provides participants with a simple introduction to how Internet of Things (IoT) type of wearable technology devices are constructed. The final product will be a glove that can convert color to music.
Participants will learn how to detect and process color input from sensors, program functionality and provide aural and visual output using the very user-friendly AdaFruit Flora Platform (theirs to keep and continue to create with after the workshop).
See the final product in action:
Who should attend:This course is open to 8th graders, freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Workshop participants will:
- Receive a foundational level of experience with the interactive components of wearable technology
- Participate in project-based learning, building a color detection based wearable synthesizer
- Learn to plan, execute and test small electronic projects that interact with the world around them
- Create a glove that turns color into music!!! (Now, that is cool)
- Programming a microprocessor
- Detecting input from IR (infrared) sensors
- Providing output via visual display and aural output
More about Jeremy Hajek
Rice Campus201 E Loop Road
Wheaton IL, 60189
Date and Time:Friday, June 23 - Saturday, June 24
9am - 3pm