About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in Cyber Security Management is awarded to those participants who have completed the following three courses: Cyber Security Technologies, Cyber Security Management, and an additional elective. Those interested in pursuing this award must complete at least three courses. Most often these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manage. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary of an Information Security Analyst is $93,000.* For those working in management, salaries are upwards of $136,000.**
Job growth is expected to increase 15% through 2024.
Participants must have knowledge of PC hardware and software, knowledge of operating systems, and knowledge of file and directory concepts for acceptance into the Certificate in Cyber Security Management. An additional question and answer session regarding prerequisite knowledge for admission may be required.
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them for careers in the management of information security. The certificate requires two courses and one elective. Another pre-requisite course is required for students with no background in networking. Courses are sixteen weeks long for the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer.
Pre-requisite (only required For Students with no background in networking):
- IT-O 840 Network+ Certification Training - Prepares the participant for the Network + Certification exams. This course does NOT count towards the Cyber Security Management Certificate but must be taken as a pre-requisite if the student does not have a background in networking.
- IT-S 848 Cyber Security Technologies - Prepares students for a role as a network security analyst and administrator. Topics include hacking, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures; network security protocols, encryption, identity and authentication, scanning, firewalls, security tools, and organizations addressing security.
- IT-S 878 Cyber Security Management - In-depth examination of topics in the management of information technology security including access control systems and methodology, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, legal issues in information system security, ethics, computer operations security, physical security and security architecture models using current standards and models.
A single elective may be chosen from the following:
- Vulnerability Analysis and Control, IT-S 843
- Introduction to Cyber Warfare, IT-S 857
- Advanced Cyber Security Management, IT-S 879
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance, IT-S 884
- CISA Certification Preparation, IT-M 886
- Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, IT-S 888
Tuition for the three-course program $7,950. Students may also elect to enroll in additional courses for $2,650 each. Applying is easy; all you need is a resume! If you have any questions about the IT Professional Certificate program, feel free to contact the Certificate Program Manager & Advisor or see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
OR CONTACT US: 1-312-567-5282 | npower@IIT.EDU