About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in Cyber Security Technologies is awarded to those participants who have completed both the Cyber Security Technologies and Network+ Certification Training courses in addition to at least one elective. Those interested in pursuing this award must complete at least three courses. Most often these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary of an Information Security Analyst is $93,000.*
Related job titles include Security Engineer, Assurance Analysts, and System Administrators.
Job growth is expected to increase by 18% through 2024.
Participants must have knowledge of PC hardware and software, knowledge of operating systems, and knowledge of file and directory concepts for acceptance into the Certificate in Cyber Security Technologies. An additional question and answer session regarding prerequisite knowledge for admission may be required.
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them for careers in computer and network security technologies and to deal with the challenging computer and network security problems facing society. Courses are sixteen weeks long for the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long over the summer.
- IT-O 840 Network+ Certification Training - This course covers current and evolving data network technologies, protocols, network components, and the networks that use them, focusing on the Internet and related LANs. The state of worldwide networking and its evolution will be discussed. This course covers the Internet architecture, organization, and protocols including Ethernet, 802.11, routing, the TCP/UDP/IP suite, DNS, Bluetooth, SNMP, DHCP, and more. This course serves as a prerequisite for the Cyber Security Technologies Course (IT-S 848)
- IT-S 848 Cyber Security Technologies - Prepares students for a role as a network security analyst and administrator. Topics include hacking, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures; network security protocols, encryption, identity and authentication, scanning, firewalls, security tools, and organizations addressing security.
An elective third course may be chosen from the following:
- Secure Software Programmer - Java, IT-S 818
- Database Security, IT-S 828
- Cyber Forensics, IT-S 838
- Steganography, IT-S 839
- Network+ Certification Training II, IT-O 841
- Vulnerability Analysis and Control, IT-S 843
- Mobile Device Forensics, IT-S 855
- Introduction to Cyber Warfare, IT-S 857
- Operating System Security, IT-S 858
Tuition for the three-course program $7,950. Students may also elect to enroll in additional courses for $2,650 each. Applying is easy; all you need is a resume! If you have any questions about the IT Professional Certificate program, feel free to contact the Certificate Program Manager & Advisor or see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
OR CONTACT US: 1-312-567-5282 | npower@IIT.EDU