About this certificate:
The Professional Certificate in Systems Analysis is awarded to those participants who have completed three courses in the area of Systems Analysis. Most often this Professional Certificate program can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager of Information Technology courses. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary of a Computer Systems Analyst is $87,000.*
Related job titles include Business Analyst, Systems Auditor, and IT Consultant.
Job growth in this area is expected to be 21% annually through 2024.**
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them for a career as a Systems Analyst. There are two required courses and one elective course. Courses are sixteen weeks long over the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer.
- IT-T 831 Object Oriented System Analysis, Modeling and Design - Details object-oriented approaches to system analysis, data modeling and design that combine both process and data views of systems are covered in this course. Emphasis is given to practical problems and the techniques needed to create solutions to systems design.
- IT-O 844 Cloud Computing Technologies - Computing applications hosted on dynamically-scaled virtual resources available as services are considered. Collaborative and non-collaborative "cloud-resident" applications are analyzed with respect to cost, device/location independence, scalability, reliability, security, and sustainability. Commercial and local cloud architectures are examined. A group-based integration of course topics will result in a project employing various cloud computing technologies.
The third elective course may be chosen from the following:
- Process Engineering for IT Managers, IT-M 872
- Java Programming, IT-D 811
- Human/Computer Interaction, IT-D 802
- UML Based Software Development, IT-D 832
- Software Testing and Maintenance, IT-D 836
- Cyber Security Management, IT-S 878
- Data Warehousing, IT-D 826
- Service Oriented Architectures, IT-D 866
- IT Management Frameworks: ITIL and COBIT, IT-M 874
- Project Management for Information Technology Professionals, IT-M 871
(other courses of interest to the student may be selected with approval)
Tuition for the three-course program $7,950. Students may also elect to enroll in additional courses for $2,650 each. Applying is easy; all you need is a resume! If you have any questions about the IT Professional Certificate program, feel free to contact the Certificate Program Manager & Advisor or see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
OR CONTACT US: 1-312-567-5282 | npower@IIT.EDU