ABOUT THIS certificate:
The A+, Network+ Certification Training with Cyber Security Professional Certificate is awarded to students after successful completion of three courses: A+ Certification Training, Network+ Certification Training I, and Cyber Security Technologies. Students entering the program with background in networking may take an elective course in place of Network+ Certification Training I. Most often these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Participants who wish to pursue this Professional Certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing the program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience as participants reach their goals.
The median salary of an Information Security Analyst is $93,000.*
Related job titles in this area include Security Engineers, Assurance Analysts, and Systems Administrators.
Job growth is expected to increase 18% by 2024.
Participants must have knowledge of PC hardware and software, knowledge of operating systems, and knowledge of file and directory concepts for acceptance into the A+/Network+/Security+ program. An additional question and answer session regarding prerequisite knowledge for admission may be required.
This program is designed for students seeking knowledge that will prepare them for entry level careers in cyber security. Courses are sixteen weeks long for the fall and spring semesters, and are eight weeks long if taken over the summer. Three certificate courses can be chosen (not necessarily in the listed order) from the following.
- IT 801 A+ Certification Training - Participants study the basics of computer architecture and learn to use a contemporary operating system. Hardware requirements, microcomputer components, software compatibility and system installation and options are covered, along with post-installation topics, storage, security, system diagnosis and repair.
- IT-O 840 Network+ Certification Training - This course covers current and evolving data network technologies, protocols, network components, and the networks that use them, focusing on the Internet and related LANs. The state of worldwide networking and its evolution will be discussed. This course covers the Internet architecture, organization, and protocols including Ethernet, 802.11, routing, the TCP/UDP/IP suite, DNS, Bluetooth, SNMP, DHCP, and more. Students with networking background may replace this course with an elective.
- IT-S 848 Cyber Security Technologies - Prepares students for a role as a network security analyst and administrator. Topics include hacking, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures; network security protocols, encryption, identity and authentication, scanning, firewalls, security tools, and organizations addressing security.
An elective from the following courses must be chosen if the IT-O 840 Network+ I requirement has already been satisfied.
- Vulnerability Analysis and Control, IT-S 843
- CISA Certification Preparation, IT-M 886
- Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, IT-S 888
- Network+ Certification Training II, IT-O 841
Tuition for the three-course program $7,950. Students may also elect to enroll in additional courses for $2,650 each. Applying is easy; all you need is a resume! If you have any questions about the IT Professional Certificate program, feel free to contact the Certificate Program Manager & Advisor or see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
OR CONTACT US: 1-312-567-5282 | npower@IIT.EDU