Join us at the DuPage Area STEM Expo (formerly known as DuPage Area Engineers Week) for an interactive exploration into science, technology, engineering and math. Over 50 displays, presentations, projects to take home and activities for school age children, grades K – 12.
The DuPage Area STEM Expo, in conjunction with national Engineers Week, is a specialized event designed to promote the awareness of professional and educational opportunities provided among engineering and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields.
Some things to do at the Expo:
- Explore the explosive power of Nitrogen and Cryogenics at the infamous Mr. Freeze show
- See robots from the Chicago Area Robotics Group
- Visit a simulated earthquake table and construct an "earthquake resistant" LEGO® skyscraper
- NEW! Magical Mystery Microbes- look at organisms through a microscope courtesy of Metropolitan Water Reclamation District
- Field Museum Virtual reality experience sponsored by a grant from Motorola Solutions Foundation
- Put your pedaling power to the test with our energy bike and measure energy use with a kill-a-watt meter
- Extinguish a simulated fire and experience a hands-on modern fire detection and alarm simulation
- Construct structures, build cars, and learn engineering principles from Zoom into Engineering
- Augmented Reality and Voice Assistant demonstrations with immersive holograms, simple light demo and voice activated Big Data queries
- “Toying with STEM”, Come play with us! The STEM Team of DuPage Regional Office of Education will engage you with science, technology engineering and mathematics activities
- Be and Engineer in real time: Design, Build & Test a model Suspension Bridge!
- Learn what keeps airplanes flying from the ASME
- Have a shocking and hair raising experience with the IEEE-static electricity generator
- And, more for hands-on STEM exploration activities for children
IIT Rice Campus
201 E. Loop Road, Wheaton, IL 60189
Complimentary admission and parking
Brought to you by the School of Applied Technology, Illinois Institute of Technology